hello members, here is your list of what to bring! You must sign up prior to the date and let us know you are coming.
What to bring to the canning party: Saturday, August 25th, 2018
9:00 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Please note that this a working party with lots to get done. Please plan on leaving small children at home or having another adult present to watch them. As a participant you will need to be harvesting and chopping and working with hot water etc, not ideal for small kids. Kids 8-9 and up who can participate or hang out at the farm responsibly with limited supervision are welcome. We will get the cider press going. We know people have numerous commitments on Saturdays, plan to spend the whole time with us, a minimum of 3 hours and completion of one recipe seems ok but we prefer a commitment to being there to finish the job. Please let me know if you will be late or leave early so I can plan accordingly. I need helpers to come early and stay late to clean up so if you can be flexible that would be great.
Best way to communicate with me on the day of the event is my cell 503-568-5760.
- a sharp knife, labeled with your name
- a cutting board
- an apron if you want it
- a potluck dish to pass (a plate and utensils for each family member)
- 1 box of half pint jars with lids and rings, preferably run through your dishwasher and replaced in the box. Lids and rings should be brought separately and do not need to be run through the machine
- 1 box of pint jars prepared same as above.
- 3-6 quart jars brought the same way as above.
- If you have an outside gas or electric burner we could use a few extra, please let me know and bring it. Please bring your gas canister full.
- If you have canning supplies, like tongs, large pots with canning baskets etc. please bring and label with your name.
- Sign up in barn, just so we have an idea how many will come
- A box to take your canned goods home labeled with your name (plan to take home at least 17 jars of prepared food for your enjoyment)
- $25 cash to contribute to additional items purchased for the event
- If you have backyard fruit that needs to be put up please bring it , let me know what you have so I can make sure to have all the needed ingredients for the recipe
- Come with ready hands to harvest, cut, can and most of all HAVE FUN!!